EMT stands for Emergency Medical Technician and it is a notion used to describe a healthcare provider, usually an ambulance technician. Whenever there is a serious accident or natural disaster and people need efficient and fast medical service, the EMTs will be there to provide it. Students can opt for basic or advanced EMT training, and they will get a deeper insight into subjects like life support, managing external bleeding, defibillation, childbirth and such. Walterboro SC EMT also needs to intubate, administer IV medications, interpret medical conditions and such.
The EMT training is essential for these professionals, as it usually makes the difference between life or death. In order to get their certifications, future EMT professionals will need to attend theoretical and practical training coupled with a final exam.
#1 EMT Schools Near Walterboro SC
- Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees available in a wide range of fields.
- Flexible online programs offered in Psychology, Criminal Justice, Education, and more.
- Assigned Financial Services Advisors to help answer student financial questions.
- Servicemembers and their spouses can apply for the Ashford Military Grant to reduce tuition for all undergraduate courses.
- BA/Complementary and Alternative Health
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor?s Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Care Administration
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Science
- And more...
- Online MBA program ranked 6th in the USA by CEO magazine.
- In a university-sponsored survey, 4 out of 5 alumni reported being satisfied with their experience.
- #1 Online School for military veterans according to Military Times.
- 75,000+ graduates across all industries offer extensive networking opportunities.
- My Unique Student Experience (M.U.S.E.) lets students watch, view, read, or hear content.
- Smartphone app available for on-the-go learning.
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- Doctor of Management - Healthcare Management and Leadership (Executive Format)
- And more...
- Designated a 2015 Military Friendly School by Victory Media for the 4th consecutive year.
- Listed on the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll in 2013, for the sixth consecutive year
- Links students to hundreds of training opportunities (beyond their traditional internships and practicum) at their many “partner agencies” in each of their local communities.
- Accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WUSCUC).
- M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Fitness & Nutrition
You can complete Southeastern Institute's training programs in as few as 8 months!* Receive handson instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern's small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
What Does The EMT Training Involve?
Many people who want to specialize in the medical field opt for Walterboro South Carolina EMT training, from doctors and nurses to paramedics and even firefighters. The EMT training is comprehensive and complex, and it aims to help students acquire the skill and theoretical base that is so much needed for the final exam.
What all EMT courses have in common is that they all put great emphasis on advanced first aid training. They also involve prevention techniques, overall health status assessment, basic life support procedures, monitoring the cardiac activity along with observation experience in emergency rooms and hospitals.
The length of the course varies, and the overall program is divided between practical lab skills and lecture in the classroom. After completing the theoretical part, students will move to the practical training after which they will be eligible for the National Registry of EMT certification. The training costs vary as well, depending on a series of aspects such as the depth of the course, the subjects it involves or the overall length of the course. After completing the course, the student will be able to analyze and identify the nature of a patient’s condition, administer emergency medical care, transport the patient in such a way to minimize the injury and then to provide efficient medical aftercare services.
More On Walterboro, SC
On average, a basic introductory course of three to four months costs around $2,000, while a more comprehensive, in-depth course that can last up to 18 months costs between $10,000 or $15,000, depending on the university that provides it. In order to be eligible for the EMT training course, students usually need only a GED or a high school diploma, although some universities/schools may require you to have a BCLS certification as well (Basic Cardiac Life Support).
Cool site, thanks!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research the different EMT schools in South Carolina and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…