EMT stands for Emergency Medical Technician and it is a notion used to describe a healthcare provider, usually an ambulance technician. Whenever there is a serious accident or natural disaster and people need efficient and fast medical service, the EMTs will be there to provide it. Students can opt for basic or advanced EMT training, and they will get a deeper insight into subjects like life support, managing external bleeding, defibillation, childbirth and such. Walterboro SC EMT also needs to intubate, administer IV medications, interpret medical conditions and such.
The EMT training is essential for these professionals, as it usually makes the difference between life or death. In order to get their certifications, future EMT professionals will need to attend theoretical and practical training coupled with a final exam.
#1 EMT Schools Near Walterboro SC
At Animal Behavior College (ABC), we're dedicated to helping animal lovers pursue animal careers. Owned and operated by experienced pet industry experts, our school offers hands-on animal career training experience. We offer flexible scheduling and the opportunity to study from home for a portion of the program. For graduates, we also offer the best job placement opportunities available in the nation.
- Veterinary Assistant
You can complete Southeastern Institute's training programs in as few as 8 months!* Receive handson instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern's small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
For over 35 years, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master of Science in Nursing
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Adult Gerontology Practitioner Certificate
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Veterinary Assistant
Experience the Rewards of Caring, With ECPI’s Medical Careers Institute, you can Earn Your Bachelor’s Degree in 2.5 Years or Your Associate’s Even Sooner through Our Year-Round Schedule!
- Nursing (RN) - Associate's
- MS Nursing
- MS Nursing: Patient Safety and Quality
- MS Nursing: Clinical Nurse Leader
- And more...
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- BS - Health Services Management
What Does The EMT Training Involve?
Many people who want to specialize in the medical field opt for Walterboro South Carolina EMT training, from doctors and nurses to paramedics and even firefighters. The EMT training is comprehensive and complex, and it aims to help students acquire the skill and theoretical base that is so much needed for the final exam.
What all EMT courses have in common is that they all put great emphasis on advanced first aid training. They also involve prevention techniques, overall health status assessment, basic life support procedures, monitoring the cardiac activity along with observation experience in emergency rooms and hospitals.
The length of the course varies, and the overall program is divided between practical lab skills and lecture in the classroom. After completing the theoretical part, students will move to the practical training after which they will be eligible for the National Registry of EMT certification. The training costs vary as well, depending on a series of aspects such as the depth of the course, the subjects it involves or the overall length of the course. After completing the course, the student will be able to analyze and identify the nature of a patient’s condition, administer emergency medical care, transport the patient in such a way to minimize the injury and then to provide efficient medical aftercare services.
More On Walterboro, SC
On average, a basic introductory course of three to four months costs around $2,000, while a more comprehensive, in-depth course that can last up to 18 months costs between $10,000 or $15,000, depending on the university that provides it. In order to be eligible for the EMT training course, students usually need only a GED or a high school diploma, although some universities/schools may require you to have a BCLS certification as well (Basic Cardiac Life Support).
Cool site, thanks!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research the different EMT schools in South Carolina and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…