EMT stands for Emergency Medical Technician and it is a notion used to describe a healthcare provider, usually an ambulance technician. Whenever there is a serious accident or natural disaster and people need efficient and fast medical service, the EMTs will be there to provide it. Students can opt for basic or advanced EMT training, and they will get a deeper insight into subjects like life support, managing external bleeding, defibillation, childbirth and such. Walterboro SC EMT also needs to intubate, administer IV medications, interpret medical conditions and such.
The EMT training is essential for these professionals, as it usually makes the difference between life or death. In order to get their certifications, future EMT professionals will need to attend theoretical and practical training coupled with a final exam.
#1 EMT Schools Near Walterboro SC
- Choose from over 200 online undergraduate and graduate programs designed to take you where you want to go.
- Online tuition rates at SNHU are frozen at 2012 levels for the fifth consecutive year.
- Online education with SNHU means 24/7 access. Multiple term starts per year mean you’ll finish your degree faster.
- IMBA - Healthcare Management
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Informatics
- MBA with concentration in Healthcare Management
- And more...
- Degrees offered include Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and Master of Business Administration.
- Students are instructed in relevant business skills like communication, mathematics, and management.
- Coursework emphasizes the development of project management, communication, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible, 100% online and campus based programs available.
- MS in Management - Health Care Management
- MBA - Health Care Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Recognized in the first Best for Vets: Business Schools list in Military Times Edge magazine’s 2013 “Best for Vets” edition.
- Offers MUSE (My Unique Student Experience), a content delivery system that gives students the option to watch, view, read or listen to required course materials.
- Allows students to complete courses at whatever pace they want.
- A DANTES-affiliated university and member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges.
- Offers IntelliPath, a proprietary learning technology that lets students learn at their own pace.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Veterinary Assistant
You can complete Southeastern Institute's training programs in as few as 8 months!* Receive handson instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern's small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
San Joaquin Valley College is an accredited private junior college committed to the professional success of its students and graduates.
Founded in 1977, SJVC has campuses located throughout California-including an Online division and offers a variety of accelerated Certificate and Associate of Science degree programs in the business, medical and technical fields.
- Degree - Medical Assistant
See What’s Possible When You Earn a Degree at Florida Tech 100% Online
Whatever your motivation for considering an undergraduate or graduate degree, Florida Tech offers programs online that can meet your needs. Here are a few reasons Florida Tech may be the right choice for you.
- Associate of Arts in Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration/Healthcare Management
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- BS - Health Services Management
What Does The EMT Training Involve?
Many people who want to specialize in the medical field opt for Walterboro South Carolina EMT training, from doctors and nurses to paramedics and even firefighters. The EMT training is comprehensive and complex, and it aims to help students acquire the skill and theoretical base that is so much needed for the final exam.
What all EMT courses have in common is that they all put great emphasis on advanced first aid training. They also involve prevention techniques, overall health status assessment, basic life support procedures, monitoring the cardiac activity along with observation experience in emergency rooms and hospitals.
The length of the course varies, and the overall program is divided between practical lab skills and lecture in the classroom. After completing the theoretical part, students will move to the practical training after which they will be eligible for the National Registry of EMT certification. The training costs vary as well, depending on a series of aspects such as the depth of the course, the subjects it involves or the overall length of the course. After completing the course, the student will be able to analyze and identify the nature of a patient’s condition, administer emergency medical care, transport the patient in such a way to minimize the injury and then to provide efficient medical aftercare services.
More On Walterboro, SC
On average, a basic introductory course of three to four months costs around $2,000, while a more comprehensive, in-depth course that can last up to 18 months costs between $10,000 or $15,000, depending on the university that provides it. In order to be eligible for the EMT training course, students usually need only a GED or a high school diploma, although some universities/schools may require you to have a BCLS certification as well (Basic Cardiac Life Support).
Cool site, thanks!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research the different EMT schools in South Carolina and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…