EMT stands for Emergency Medical Technician and it is a notion used to describe a healthcare provider, usually an ambulance technician. Whenever there is a serious accident or natural disaster and people need efficient and fast medical service, the EMTs will be there to provide it. Students can opt for basic or advanced EMT training, and they will get a deeper insight into subjects like life support, managing external bleeding, defibillation, childbirth and such. Walterboro SC EMT also needs to intubate, administer IV medications, interpret medical conditions and such.
The EMT training is essential for these professionals, as it usually makes the difference between life or death. In order to get their certifications, future EMT professionals will need to attend theoretical and practical training coupled with a final exam.
#1 EMT Schools Near Walterboro SC
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- Master of Health Care Administration
- Master of Health Information Management
- BS in Health Science
- And more...
- Named a Best for Vets school by the Military Times in 2014.
- Has specialized in student-centered technology, business, criminal justice, health science, and culinary education for over 45 years.
- Makes it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in 2.5 years or an associate’s in 1.5 years by providing a year-round schedule.
- Offers externships and clinical experience that help students prepare for life after they graduate.
- Has 10 campuses across the mid-Atlantic, plus online degree programs.
- Healthcare Administration - Bachelor's
- Grand Canyon University - Where a Quality Education and Faith Coexist
- Recognized as offering some of the best online education programs in the nation.
- We support students through their academic and spiritual journey.
- GCU offers the convenience of online, on-campus, or evening programs.
- Talk to us today to learn more about financial aid and start dates!
- M.B.A.: Health Systems Management
- Available business concentrations include Accounting, Economics, General Management, Marketing, and Human Resource Management.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA and Online Graduate Business Programs in 2016 by U.S. News & World Report.
- Programmatic accreditation provided by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Master of Business Administration - Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Management programs at the bachelor and master’s level, with undergraduate specializations in health services administration and gerontology management.
- Specialized degrees that provide in-depth study across multiple disciplines, such as law, marketing, business, government, and technology.
- Industry-current curriculum where more of the courses you take are devoted to your field of interest, on average, than at other similar schools.
- Regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) of the North Central Association (NCA).
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Veterinary Assistant
Virginia College continues the tradition ofgiving lives new direction, fulfilling our mission statement tostudents wherever they live and offering the chance to pursue adegree while maintaining commitments to work and family.
- BS - Health Services Management
You can complete Southeastern Institute's training programs in as few as 8 months!* Receive handson instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern's small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
Get personalized attention with UMA.
One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services-they’re all included in Ultimate Medical Academy’s competitively priced tuition. As a nationally accredited school, we provide quality career training online and at our two campuses in the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Let’s talk about your needs, your career goals and how UMA can help you succeed.
- A.S. - Healthcare Management
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Online Master of Public Health (MPH)
What Does The EMT Training Involve?
Many people who want to specialize in the medical field opt for Walterboro South Carolina EMT training, from doctors and nurses to paramedics and even firefighters. The EMT training is comprehensive and complex, and it aims to help students acquire the skill and theoretical base that is so much needed for the final exam.
What all EMT courses have in common is that they all put great emphasis on advanced first aid training. They also involve prevention techniques, overall health status assessment, basic life support procedures, monitoring the cardiac activity along with observation experience in emergency rooms and hospitals.
The length of the course varies, and the overall program is divided between practical lab skills and lecture in the classroom. After completing the theoretical part, students will move to the practical training after which they will be eligible for the National Registry of EMT certification. The training costs vary as well, depending on a series of aspects such as the depth of the course, the subjects it involves or the overall length of the course. After completing the course, the student will be able to analyze and identify the nature of a patient’s condition, administer emergency medical care, transport the patient in such a way to minimize the injury and then to provide efficient medical aftercare services.
More On Walterboro, SC
On average, a basic introductory course of three to four months costs around $2,000, while a more comprehensive, in-depth course that can last up to 18 months costs between $10,000 or $15,000, depending on the university that provides it. In order to be eligible for the EMT training course, students usually need only a GED or a high school diploma, although some universities/schools may require you to have a BCLS certification as well (Basic Cardiac Life Support).
Cool site, thanks!
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research the different EMT schools in South Carolina and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…